|Vacancy Announcement No||AAS/16/ICT/001|
|Position Title||ICT INTERN|
|Reporting to||ICT ADMINISTRATOR|
|Position Location||NAIROBI, KENYA|
|Closing Date||20 JANUARY 2017|
The AAS is a pan African organisation headquartered in Kenya, which aims to drive sustainable development in Africa through science technology and innovation. It has a tripartite mandate of pursuing excellence by recognising scholars and achievers; providing advisory and think tank functions for shaping the continent’s strategies and policies; and implementing key science, technology and innovation programmes that impact on developmental challenges through the new agenda setting and funding platform, the Alliance for Accelerating Excellence in Science in Africa (AESA). AESA was created by AAS and the NEPAD Agency. Visit the AAS website for further information at www.aasciences.ac.ke and the AESA website at www.aesa.ac.ke
The ICT intern will work under the supervision of the ICT Administrator to help achieve the objectives of the ICT unit which is offering first line support to AAS staff through troubleshooting, deployment and support of hardware and software ensuring availability, reliability, serviceability with main focus on business critical systems.
- Provide first line support to all users at AAS.
- Manage third party vendors by enforcing the agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Mitigate against AAS exposure to litigation due to pirated software.
- Ensure accurate management of AAS computer asses (hardware & Software inventory).
- Ability to create back up strategies for the data and recovery plan for the network.
- Ensure IT security policies are enforced to safeguard the AAS corporate network.
- Monitor the network and give prompt support when any issue pops up.
- Ensure documentation of any changes to ICT environment is done as a best practice.
- Ensure computer hardware, network and application systems installation, configuration, deployment and recovery as per the set standard.
- Preparation of hardware installation as per set standard.
- Provide first line support to all IT users at AAS.
- Testing and implementation of new tech related to computer hardware and software.
- Research on updated information on appropriate hardware and software needed to enhance performance of existing equipment.
- Documentation of existing software and hardware implementation and changes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve end user issues arising out of use of computer.
- Any other duty that may be assigned to you by your supervisor.
- Reporting to the ICT Administrator.
- Supporting all AAS programmes.
- Work with other team across AAS where appropriate.
|PERSONAL QUALITIES/INNATE ABILITIES||
The position is open to Kenyan National’s only, All Applicants must submit a completed job application form, curriculum vitae, and a cover letter submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Position and Vacancy Number as the Subject no later than the 20 December, 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.