|Vacancy Announcement No:||AAS/ICT/17/014|
|Position Title:||ICT Systems Support Officer|
|Position Location:||Nairobi, Kenya|
|Reporting to:||HR and Operations Manager|
|Organisation:||African Academy of Sciences|
|Duration:||3 Years Renewable|
|Closing date:||17th November 2017|
The AAS is a pan African organisation headquartered in Kenya, which aims to drive sustainable development in Africa through science, technology and innovation. It has a tripartite mandate of pursuing excellence by recognising scholars and achievers; providing advisory and think tank functions for shaping the continent’s strategies and policies; and implementing key Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) programmes that impact on developmental challenges through the agenda setting and funding platform, the Alliance for Accelerating Excellence in Science in Africa (AESA).
This role is responsible for ensuring availability, reliability, consistency and optimal operation of AAS ICT infrastructure, ICT service delivery and ICT Projects.
- Proactively monitoring ICT Infrastructure to ensure availability and reliability in support of organisational operations (departmental / functional). This involves reviewing of recurring incidences, service availability and adherence to SLAs/ (internal & external)
- Undertake Installation and administration of server hardware and software including diagnostic and troubleshooting of workstations, laptops, other IT equipment, including network (LAN/WAN)
- Responsible for ensuring the administration and coordination of user setup, access permissions/rights, configurations and change management procedures
- Involved in taking corrective action to ensure service delivery to end users and ICT infrastructure availability whenever there is downtime
- Developing ICT project plans and Implement within the project scope, timelines and within budget
- Implementing, tracking and monitoring ICT security controls (Firewall, Antivirus, network access permissions, access control)
- Verifying user needs and coordinate procurement process for ICT and related network, hardware and software
- Reviewing and action on the findings from the customer survey on ICT end user satisfaction
- Monitoring and ensuring integrity of backups on group systems to support business continuity
- Enforcing compliance and regulation by ensuring all vendors and equipment (hardware, software and licensing) meet their specific standards
- Carry out routine preventive maintenance duties on items of ICT hardware, including the cleaning of equipment
- Provide support and training of all computer systems and software used throughout the company
- Work to provide employees with consistently available IT services ensuring that support calls are logged and responded to in a professional and timely manner. This includes providing after-hours support as required
- Document the configuration of services, hardware and software solutions
- Maintain and improve the service delivery model within the IT Support team, identify areas of improvement and recommend changes
- Be the first staff contact for collection and replacement of hardware.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or an equivalent
- Professional certification in Servers, Networks, Hardware
- At least 5 years relevant experience in IT support and system administration role
- Experience in supporting Server Systems (Windows, SQL, VM), supporting Windows Desktop Operating Systems, Network (LAN/WAN) setup and administration
- Training in productivity tools within Microsoft Office.
- Planning, coordination and problem resolution skills
- Demonstrate a high degree of sensitivity, confidentiality when dealing with internal and external customers
- Influencer with excellent negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Good leadership and people management skills
- A forward planner with clear focus, ardent team player and able to work with remote supervision in a diverse environment
- Attention for detail and strong numeracy skills
- Business acumen, strategic thinker with ability to make sound decisions for the business
- Have good problem analysis and reporting skills
- High moral standing with impeccable integrity.
Applicants must email a completed application form from the AAS website, a detailed curriculum vitae with a list of referees and a cover letter to email@example.com, with the Position and Vacancy Number as the Subject by 17th November 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.